The media lunch club was constituted as a members club in 1994, with a bi-annually elected committee. It is a non-profit making, independent and politically neutral organisation, with no paid staff or officers.
Since its formation, and thanks to the high quality of speakers and events, membership has grown substantially, making the media lunch club the UK’s premiere Media Industries networking and information body.
The media lunch club meets once a month, or more, in convivial surroundings with guest speakers / panels at Lunches and / or Evening Events.
The lunches are held at West-end Restaurants Hush and evening events have been held at venues such as BAFTA, Waterstones Piccadilly and the Society Of Chemical Industries. The cost of lunches and events are kept at a modest level, as is the Membership fee.
Many of our functions are subsidised to members throughout the year. Martin Cahill, founder and President of The Media Lunch Club, sadly passed away on Tuesday 25th October 2005. Martin established the Lunch Club in 1994 and saw it quickly go from strength to strength. In 2001 he 'retired' with his wife Irene to rural Ireland to enjoy a more relaxed and quieter life; thus handing the reigns of the Lunch Club to Gareth Owen.
The Committee 2023 / 2024
- Gareth Owen CEO
- Roger Bassett (Financier)
- Steve Blackman (HW Fisher & Co)
- Ivan Chandler (Music Copyright Consultant)
- Sara Dee (Actress / Producer)
- Charlie Macfarlane (Asset Management)
- Charles Marriott (Director)
- Christopher Morrison (Writer / Producer / Director)
- Lucy Daniel Raby (Writer)
- Olly Smith (Screenwriter)
- John Wolstenholme (Producer)